Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (13.4-ounce) package no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pierce 1 sweet potato all over with a fork, and place on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Peel and mash potato; measure out 1 cup. Meanwhile, peel and shred the raw potato. Measure out 2 cups. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan, heat tomatoes, mashed sweet potato and curry powder to a boil. Remove from heat. Purée mixture with an immersion blender or transfer to an upright blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shredded sweet potato and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to stick to the pan. Stir in 1/2 cup water and cumin, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and stir in black beans and spinach until mixture is evenly combined.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Gently warm tortillas in the oven or a dry skillet. Lightly coat 1 tortilla in sauce in the baking dish. Spoon 1/8 of the bean and sweet potato mixture down center of tortilla. Wrap and roll tortilla to the end of the baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Cool and enjoy!
Per Serving: Serving size: 2 enchiladas, 370 calories (30 from fat), 3g total fat, 180mg sodium, 75g carbohydrates, (14 g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 11g protein.