- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups salted popcorn (from a 6-oz bag)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add ½ cup of the cranberries and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together with a spoon until well combined; add egg and beat again until combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir together until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until just cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes; set aside to let cool.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chunks.
- Spread 2/3 of melted chocolate over bars and immediately scatter remaining 1/2 cup cranberries and popcorn over the top, pressing down gently to help adhere.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over bars.
- Set aside until chocolate sets, about 15 minutes; cut into squares and serve immediately.
Per Serving (makes 2 dozen): 150 calories (50 from fat), 6 g total fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein.
Comments are closed.