- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots and/or dates
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine bananas, applesauce, oats, walnuts and apricots and/or dates in a large bowl until evenly blended.
- Scoop out 1 heaping tablespoon and roll into a ball.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
- To freeze, layer cookies between waxed paper and store in an airtight container for up to one month.
Per Serving (Makes about 2 dozen cookies): Serving size: 1 cookie, 35 calories (10 from fat), 1 g total fat, 6 g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar), 1 g protein.