Here is a light, delicious cherry couscous and grilled salmon dish for the summer!
- 4 (3oz) fillets boneless, skin-on salmon
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice & 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 pound of pitted and quartered cherries (about 2 cups)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds, toasted
Grill salmon over medium to high heat with flesh-side down. Flip over and cook through, until the salmon is opaque in the center (about 5 to 7 minutes).
Put couscous, water and lemon juice into a large bowl; cover and set aside for five minutes. Then fluff with a fork and let it sit to cool slightly. After about 5 minutes, add cherries, green onions, and pepper. Garnish with the almonds and serve with the salmon.
Per Serving:400 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 27g protein