Kabobs are great meals for barbecuing during the summer. Try this simple swordfish recipe.
This recipe serves 6.
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice (from about 1/2 medium orange)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 pounds skinless swordfish steaks, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds zucchini and yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 12 cherry tomatoes
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, garlic, salt, pepper and chile flakes. Add swordfish and toss well to coat; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. Thread marinated swordfish, squash and tomatoes onto skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling.) Discard excess marinade. Grill kabobs over direct heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Per Serving:260 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 100mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 32g protein