- 4 slices whole wheat hearth bread
- 3 tablespoons cranberry or mango chutney
- 1/4 pound cranberry cheddar, very thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices ham (about 6 ounces)
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Canola oil spray
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with chutney, then layer with cheddar, ham and pears to make open-face sandwiches.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray generously with canola oil.
- Arrange sandwiches in the skillet in a single layer, cheddar and ham side facing up.
- Cover skillet and cook until bread is deep golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving (Serves 4): 270 calories (100 from fat), 12 g total fat, 6 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 10 g sugar), 19 g protein.