- 2 cup – strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 2 medium – kiwi
- 6 tablespoon – sugar
- 2 package (1 oz) – gelatin, dry powder, unsweetened
- Peel and slice the kiwis, placing them in a bowl with the strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Allow the strawberries to thaw (about 30 minutes).
- Mash the fruit with a fork then strain through cheesecloth, reserving the juice; it should yield about 1 cup juice.
- Add the juice and remaining sugar to a small saucepan, and slowly whisk in the gelatin (2 boxes or 8 envelopes worth, a total of 2 ounces).
- Heat the mixture over medium-low for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the gelatin and sugar dissolve.
- Pour the mixture into candy molds or an 8″ square baking pan.
- Chill until completely gelled (about 1 hour).
- Remove gummies from molds or cut into shapes and remove from pan.
- Store any extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
(4 servings): Serving size: about 5 tots, 179 calories, 0 g total fat, 34 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein, 32 g sugar .