- 1 (12-ounce) boneless, skinless fillet salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen petite green peas
- 3 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for cooking pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Bake until cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water and cook until tender, about 9 minutes.
- Add peas to the cooking pasta 2 minutes before pasta is done.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and peas and return to the pot.
- Stir in spinach, dill, lemon juice and fennel seeds and toss until well combined, adding pasta water as needed to moisten.
- Flake salmon into bite-size pieces and serve over pasta.
Per Serving (Serves 4):400 calories (80 from fat), 9 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrates, (8 g dietary fiber, 4 g sugar), 31 g protein.