Learn how to make a delicious pasta primavera. Serves 6 to 8.
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine, save water from draining pasta
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb of button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of roughly chopped garlic
- 2 thinly sliced large spring onions (or 4 green onions)
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh green peas (frozen & thawed will work)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 pint of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
In a large, deep skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add and cook mushrooms until golden brown (approx. 3-4 minutes). Add and cook garlic and onions (approx. 2-3 minutes). Stir in peas, salt and pepper. Cover skillet and cook until tender (2-3 minutes). Place in a large bowl and set aside.
Use same skillet over medium heat to toss hot, drained pasta with saved water, cheese and lemon juice. Serve with a garnish of basil.
Per Serving: 220 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 10g protein.