- 1 1/2 cup finely diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh red chile pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 lime, Juice of
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts or almonds (unsalted)
- In a medium bowl, toss together pineapple, water chestnuts, onion, herbs, chile and lime juice.
- Fill lettuce leaves with a few tablespoons of the mixture.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts and serve.
Per Serving (Serves 4): 110 calories (45 from fat), 4.5 g total fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugar), 3 g protein.