Refreshing Mango, Quinoa Salad
Try this refreshing mango quinoa salad this summer. Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a medium pot. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
Add remaining ingredients and toss until combined.
Per Serving: 220 calories (30 from fat), 3g total fat, 15mg sodium, 43g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 8g protein.