The weather is cooling down, try this slow cooked chicken with sage stuffing.
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 6 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package stuffing mix with cranberries, prepared according to package directions
Arrange onions in the bottom of a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot or slow cooker and top with carrots. Pour broth and wine over vegetables, then sprinkle garlic and sage over the top.
Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper and arrange on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on the low heat setting until chicken and vegetable are very tender, about 8 hours. Serve alongside stuffing.
Per Serving: Serving size: 640 calories (250 from fat), 28g total fat, 13g saturated fat, 150mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 62g carbohydrates, (6 g dietary fiber, .12g sugar), 33g protein.