- 1/2 cup prepared soy ginger sauce
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 6 cups assorted fresh winter greens (kale, collards, mustard and/or chard)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine sauce and chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash greens thoroughly, trim and chop roughly.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Place greens in boiling water and blanch just until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately transfer to ice water to stop cooking and retain color.
- When cool, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, scallions and cooked greens. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes, tossing to mix ingredients.
- Serve with additional soy ginger sauce.
Per Serving (serves 4): 220 calories (90 from fat), 9 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 1160 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugar), 19 g protein.