- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup regular or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1 1/2 cup shredded roasted chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork then arrange on a baking sheet and bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle, then halve lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving only about 1/4 inch of potato all around. (Save potato flesh for another use.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add lime juice and cumin and stir to scrape up any browned bits.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until deep golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes more. Combine sour cream and salsa in a bowl; set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide half of the cheese among potato skins, then top with onions.
- Arrange chicken on onions then top with remaining cheese. Broil until golden brown and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer potato skins to a platter and serve with salsa sour cream mixture on the side.
Per Serving (Serves 12): 190 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 210mgsodium, 19g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 10g protein.