Try this delicious, healthy turkey and rice casserole.
- Canola oil spray
- 1/2 cup unseasoned brown and wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions and omitting salt or fat (1 1/2 cups cooked rice)
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups diced cooked skinless turkey breast, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cup Health Starts Here cubed sprouted wheat bread
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil an 8-inch-square baking dish. Place rice in a large bowl and set aside.
In a large skillet, combine broth, onion, garlic and raisins and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until onion is very tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in curry powder and pour mixture into bowl with rice. Add turkey, bread, parsley and carrot and toss to combine. Scrape mixture into baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and bake until top is browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 310 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 41g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 20g protein.