New Years is a great time to talk with your child about some healthy resolutions that they can prioritize in the year to come. Check out these age appropriate resolution ideas.
- Cleaning up toys and putting them back where they belong.
- Ensuring proper hand washing before eating and after using the restroom.
- Being nice to kids who need a friend or look sad at school.
- Helping to clear the table after meals.
Age 5-12 years:
- Always wearing a helmet when riding a bike, scooter or skateboard outside.
- Following technology rules around the house- game consoles, cell phones, television and internet usage.
- Drinking water instead of juice and soda.
- Finding a sport or activity that they enjoy doing at least three times a week.
- Prioritizing talking to a parent or guardian about bullying, stress they are facing or permission.
Teens 13 yrs.+:
- Ensuring safe driving practices- no cellphone or texting which driving and always wearing a seat belt.
- Making sure to not procrastinate on homework and assignments and prioritizing school.
- Choosing reading, writing, exercising, art or other activities over the computer or cell phone.
- Talking with an adult or pediatrician and finding a healthy way to deal with stress, relationships and friendships.