These zesty sweet potato taquitos are a game-changer for meatless Monday! Sweet potatoes are a low calorie food, packed full of antioxidants and high levels of vitamins and minerals. Black beans also provide plenty of fiber. Vegetarian options never tasted so good!
- 3 cup – sweet potato
- 1 – cooking spray1
- /2 medium – onion, red
- 1/2 cup – cilantro
- 15 ounce – black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon – lime juice
- 1 teaspoon – cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon – garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 8 medium – tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium – avocado
- 1/4 cup – sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon – lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon – cumin, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- Cook and peel sweet potatoes using your preferred method.
- Preheat oven to 425* F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Finely dice half an onion and roughly chop 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves. Rinse and drain a can of black beans.
- Combine sweet potato, beans, cilantro, onion, and spices in a bowl. Mash together well.
- Fill 6-inch tortillas with about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling. Roll and place seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, mash together the dipping sauce: avocado, sour cream or Greek yogurt, lime, cumin, and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve warm.