FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 6, 2012
Bend Memorial Clinic
Bend Memorial Clinic is Recognized AS A TIER 3 PATIENT CENTERED PRIMARY CARE HOME BY THE Oregon Health Authority
BEND, Ore. — March 6, 2012 — Bend Memorial Clinic (BMC) is pleased to announce it has received program recognition as a Tier 3 Patient Centered Primary Care Home by the Oregon Health Authority. Tier 3 is the highest recognition a clinic can achieve.
BMC began implementing the region’s first Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), a model based around proactive, coordinated and preventive care, in January 2010. This team-based model of care, led by a primary care physician, provides continuous and coordinated care to ensure the highest level of healthcare is being extended to the right person, at the right time and in the right location.
“Being recognized as a Tier 3 Patient Centered Primary Care Home by the Oregon Health Authority is an important designation as it shows BMC’s commitment to better managing the health of patients, to improving clinical efficiencies, managing costs and assisting patients in monitoring and managing their chronic conditions,” said Dr. Sean Rogers, BMC’s Medical Director and practicing Internist. “We are proud to have met the criteria to receive this recognition.”
To be recognized as a primary care home by the Oregon Health Authority, a clinic must demonstrate the ability to provide comprehensive services on-site or through a partnership with other providers in the their community, as well as, demonstrate the below core attributes:
- Access to care: Patients get the care they need, when they need it.
- Accountability: Recognized clinics are responsible for making sure patients receive the best possible care.
- Comprehensive: Clinics provide patients all the care, information and services they need.
- Continuity: Clinics work with patients and their community to improve patient and population health over time.
- Coordination and integration: Clinics help patients navigate the system to meet their needs in a safe and timely way.
- Patient and family-centered: Clinics recognize that patients are the most important members of the health care team – and that they are ultimately responsible for their overall health and wellness.
About Bend Memorial Clinic
Bend Memorial Clinic includes more than 100 providers representing 30 specialties including Urgent Care, Primary/Specialty Care and Clinical Services. With five locations throughout the Central Oregon Region, BMC is the largest multi-specialty group east of the Cascades and provides quality, convenient healthcare known as TotalCare™. The Clinic has provided primary and specialty care since 1946. For more information, please visit typethinkbmc.wpengine.com.