Neurosurgery at Summit Health provides access to a highly qualified neurosurgeon, a physician assistant (PA), and other care providers. Our neurosurgeon, Mark Belza, MD, has a wide range of neurosurgical expertise and twenty-nine years of experience working in Bend, Oregon. Using innovative treatments and procedures, the neurosurgical team is committed to personalized and compassionate care for all patients.
Get an inside look at the state-of-the-art imaging technology our patients rely on:
Dr. Belza performs a variety of surgeries, including:
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Surgeries
- Brain and Spine Tumors
- Minimally invasive spine procedures
- SI Joint Fusion
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Ulnar Nerve Surgery
What is Neurosurgery?
Neurosurgery is the surgical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disease, injuries, and conditions relating to the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves.
Our Neurosurgery Services
Our team evaluates and treats:
- Disorders of the Brain and Spine
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, and Sacral Spinal Degenerative Disease
- Brain and Spinal Injuries
- Spinal stenosis and compression
- Herniated discs
- Peripheral Nerve disorders (Schwannomas, Carpal Tunnel, and Entrapment Syndromes)
- Hydrocephalus (ventriculo-peritoneal shunting)
- Brain and Spinal Tumors
- Congenital Deformities
Our neurosurgical team provides comprehensive care by working together with providers in other medical specialties at Summit Health and within our broader community.