- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 whole grain pita pockets
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cut pita pockets in half. Stuff pita pockets with lettuce leaves and basil.
- Evenly divide avocado mixture between pita pockets, spreading it on the lettuce leaves. Add 2 tomato slices to each pocket.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1/2 stuffed pita, 180 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 220mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates, (7 g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 5g protein.