- Canola spray oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 pounds chicken wing drummettes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and generously spray with oil.
- Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash salt and garlic together to form a paste.
- Transfer to a large bowl, whisk in hoisin, lime juice and sugar, and then set aside about 1/3 cup of the mixture in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken with remaining mixture and transfer to a prepared baking sheet.
- Roast, flipping once, for 30 minutes.
- Brush chicken with reserved sauce and continue to roast, basting and turning again every 5 or 10 minutes, until very tender and charred in some places, about 20 minutes more. (Alternatively, preheat a grill to medium heat and finish the wings on the grill, turning and basting every minute or so, until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.)
- Transfer to a platter.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve.
Per Serving (Serves 8 -10): 270 calories (150 from fat), 17 g total fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, 19 g protein.