- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon low-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 6 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 kale leaves, stems and tough rib removed, very finely sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, tamari and honey.
- Add carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage and kale, and toss well. Set aside.
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Run cold running water over noodles and drain well.
- Add to salad and toss again.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- The salad will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Per Serving (Serves 6): 220 calories (35 from fat), 3.5 g total fat, 220 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugar), 6 g protein.