- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup homemade lemon curd (or 1 [11-ounce] jar)
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust, in pan, baked accordingly to package instructions and cooled
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- Mix sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves with 3 cups water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 1 minute, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Stir in cranberries.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 8 hours.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a second large bowl, beat lemon curd and Neufchâtel until well combined, and then fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer lemon mixture to pie crust, spread out evenly and chill for 4 hours.
- Drain cranberries. (Reserve liquid as a simple syrup to add a holiday touch to cocktails.)
- Place superfine sugar in a bowl, add cranberries,and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Place cranberries on a baking sheet to dry, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Pile cranberries onto pie, cut into slices and serve immediately, spooning any tumbling cranberries back over the top.
Per Serving (Serves 8):440 calories (150 from fat), 16 g total fat, 8 g saturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 55 g sugar), 3 g protein.