Research done at the University of Massachusetts reveals that the more you sit, the greater your appetite can become; even if your body doesn’t need the excess calories. So make it a point to be more active throughout your day. Here are some great ways to be more active during your day.
- Wearing a pedometer to monitor and challenge yourself.
- Set a timer to get up from your desk every hour, even if it’s just going to the end of the hall and back.
- Avoid eating lunch at your desk, stand up while you eat.
- If you need to watch your favorite show on TV, trying standing or moving while you watch it.
- Take the stairs every opportunity you have.
- Park in the back spots on a parking lot.
Visit the Nutrition department webpage for more information.