Move over traditional tomatoes, melon is shaking up this caprese salad! This sweet twist on a classic is perfect for the summer weather. Whether you are looking for a light lunch or a great appetizer, this dish is sure to provide plenty of potassium and fiber.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, honeydew or Galia melon, cut into wedges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, sliced if large
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Layer melon and mozzarella slices on a platter
- Incorporate basil in between slices
- Sprinkle with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper
Per Serving: 180 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates, 9g protein.