It is never fun having an allergy or asthma attack, especially at home. Use these helpful tips to keeping your home the healthiest place to be.
It takes 24 to 48 hours for mold grow. Keeping your home dry with prevent mold growth.
- Clean up water right away from water leaks. Fix the leak so it does not continue.
- Open the window or run a bathroom fan when you take a shower.
- Pick up a humidity or moisture meter from the local hardware store to check the humidity level for your home.
- Keep the humidity level in your home between 30% and 60% with a de-humidifier or an air conditioner.
- DON’T SMOKE Make a no-smoking rule in your home.
Cigarette smoke, including secondhand smoke, can cause an asthma attack.
- Ask your guests to smoke outside.
- Avoid burning wood inside your home.
Breathing too much smoke from a wood-burning stove or fireplace can cause an asthma attack.
- If you can avoid it, don’t burn wood in your home.