- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Arrange squash in a large baking dish, cut-sides down.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the dish and bake until just tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Rake with a fork to remove flesh in strands, leaving the shell intact for stuffing.
- For the filling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, jalapeño and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add beans, corn and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute longer.
- Add cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice and salt, cook 1 minute until heated through.
- Fill squash halves with filling, mounding mixture in the center, and serve.
Per Serving (serves 4) : 160 calories (30 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 330mg sodium, 29gcarbohydrates, (7 g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 6g protein.