- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- Mix peanut butter, honey and cocoa in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the raisins and 2 tablespoons of the coconut.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place remaining coconut, sesame seeds and nuts into 3 separate bowls.
- Using a spoon, scoop small heaps of the peanut mixture from the bowl; roll into 1 1/4-inch balls. Rolling is easier if you form a rough ball, roll in coconut, and then continue rolling into a more perfect shape.
- Roll each finished ball in more coconut, sesame seeds and chopped nuts.
- Arrange the balls on a plate, cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Per Serving (Makes about 30 balls): Serving size: 1 treat, 110 calories (70 from fat), 8 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 40 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 6 g sugar), 3 g protein.