- For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- For the Pork Chops:
- 4 thick-cut (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (14 to 16 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- For the chimichurri sauce, combine all ingredients in a food processor with 1 tablespoon water. Process until blended; set aside.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-heat cooking, leaving one area of the grill cool (this will be a place to transfer the chops if they flare up).
- Brush chops all over with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning once or twice, until just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Watch the chops carefully, and move them to the cool area of the grill if they flare up or brown too quickly.
- Let rest 5 minutes; serve with the chimichurri on the side.
Per Serving (Serves 4): 550 calories (290 from fat), 33 g total fat, 9 g saturated fat, 195 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrates, 60 g protein.