Try this delicious mango, raspberry and cashew parfait. Serves 4.
- 1 1/4 cup of dried mango slices
- 1 1/4 cup of cashews
- 3/4 cup of water (or coconut water)
- 2 tablespoons of honey or apricot paste (dried apricots soaked in water to soften & blend)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of fresh chopped mango
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup of toasted slivered almonds
Cover dried mango slices in a bowl with warm water for 2 hours to soften. Cover cashews in a separate bowl with warm water for 2 hours to soften.
Drain soaked mangoes and blend in a food processor until smooth.
Drain cashews and puree smooth with water, honey, lemon zest and salt in a blender.
Layer fresh mango, cashew cream, raspberries and mango puree in parfait glasses. Top with slivered almonds.
Per Serving: 480 calories (200 from fat), 22g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 190mg sodium, 66g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 44g sugar), 10g protein.