- 1 tablespoon peanut, cashew or almond butter
- 2 slices whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spread peanut, cashew or almond butter onto each slice of bread.
- Arrange apple slices on top and drizzle with tahini and honey.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and transfer to a toaster oven on a small baking sheet.
- Toast on high until hot then serve.
- Try Gala or Granny Smith apples
- Use cinnamon raisin or other specialty bread
- Nut butters come in a variety of different flavors that can be added
Per Serving: Serving size: 1 sandwich, 220 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 170mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 7g protein.