Enjoy a savory ham topped with green apple chutney this holiday season.
- 1 precooked spiral-sliced ham
- 1 1/2 pound Granny Smith apples (4 to 5), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons brown or yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place ham, cut-side down, in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour in 1/4 cup water, cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes. Uncover, baste ham with pan juices and continue roasting, uncovered, until hot throughout, about 30 minutes more.
Meanwhile, combine apples, shallot, vinegar, honey, mustard seeds, salt, black pepper, chile flakes and 2 tablespoons water in a medium pot. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until juicy and soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool until warm. Spoon chutney over slices of ham.
Per Serving: Serving size: , 240 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, (1g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 32g protein.