- 3 cups chopped summer fruit, such as peeled and pitted peaches or nectarines, strawberries or pitted cherries
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers or ginger snaps
- 2 recipes prepared pie crust (or two rolled out 9-inch crusts)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough until about 1/8-in thick.
- Cut into twelve (5-inch) circles, re-rolling dough as needed.
- In a medium bowl, toss together fruit, sugar and flour. (Do this just before filling the pies; if done too far in advance, the mixture can get too juicy. Use less or more sugar, as desired, depending on fruit’s natural sweetness.)
- Working one at a time, spoon some filling into the center of a circle of dough; brush edges with water.
- Fold over into a half moon and crimp edges to seal.
- Brush top with heavy cream, sprinkle with cookie crumbs and bake on a large, parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Per Serving (Makes 12): 220 calories (100 from fat), 11 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugar), 2 g protein.