These fun, fresh cucumber roll-ups are sure to brighten up any table. Both kids and adults will enjoy a new take on traditional veggies.
- 1 cucumber
- a vegetable peeler
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup of matchstick carrots
- a bell pepper (or two, if you want varied colors)
- some optional herbs
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature and mix with a spoon to soften.
- Wash and dry your cucumber. Using a vegetable peeler, slice into really thin strips (thinner cucumbers work best).
- Cut bell pepper into matchstick pieces. I used a quarter each of red pepper and yellow, but you could just use one or the other if it’s easier.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese down each cucumber slice. On one end, place a handful of carrots and bell pepper, along with fresh herbs if desired (optional).
- Roll up and serve!