- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large (10-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/4 cup green peas (boiled fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or arugula, for serving
Place cashews in a cup and cover by about 1 inch with boiling water. Let soak 30 minutes. Drain and discard soaking liquid. In a blender, combine cashews, 1/4 cup water, vinegar, salt and cayenne, and blend until smooth; add more water a tablespoon at a time if necessary to purée.
Place chicken breast in a small saucepan and add enough water just to cover. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and cool.
Dice chicken and place in a large bowl. Add cashew cream, peas, green onions and dill, and toss to combine. Serve salad on top of lettuce.