Have you been diagnosed with colon cancer, but don’t know what to ask the doctor? Consider some of these questions to ask:
- Where is my cancer located?
- Has my cancer spread beyond where it started?
- What is the stage (extent) of my cancer and what does that mean?
- Will I need other tests before we can decide on treatment?
- How much experience do you have treating this type of cancer?
- Should I get a second opinion?
- What are my treatment choices?
- What do you recommend and why?
- What risks or side effects are there to the treatments you suggest? Are there things I can do to reduce these side effects?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
- How long will treatment last? What will it be like? Where will it be done?
- How will treatment affect my daily activities?
- What are the chances my cancer will recur (come back) with these treatment plans?
- What will we do if the treatment doesn’t work or if the cancer recurs?
- What type of follow-up might I need after treatment?
To schedule an appointment please call 541-382-4900 or for more information click here.