- 2 small apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons granola
- If you won’t be eating these tasty treats right away, start by brushing the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Spread one side of half of the apple slices with peanut or almond butter.
- Then, sprinkle with chocolate chips and granola.
- Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches.
- Transfer to napkins or plates and serve.
Per Serving (Serves 2): 300 calories (150 from fat), 16g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 115mg sodium, 36gcarbohydrates, (6 g dietary fiber, 25g sugar), 8g protein.