Try these tasty halibut tacos with a corn and cabbage slaw.
Makes 6 tacos.
- 3/4 lb halved crosswise, boneless, skin-on halibut fillet
- 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup of chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 6 warmed whole wheat tortillas
- 1/3 cup of mild salsa
Brush halibut all over with oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook in a large skillet (or on the grill) over medium heat, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together cabbage, tomatoes, mayonnaise, lime juice and corn to make a slaw. Remove and discard skin from halibut and then flake into bite-size pieces. Fill tortillas with slaw and fish. Serve with salsa.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1 taco, 300 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 36g carbohydrates, (6 g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 17g protein.