- 1 1/2 teaspoon expeller-pressed canola oil, plus more for oiling the pan
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 large sweet onions, thickly sliced
- 1 chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces*
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Oil a large roasting pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and oil to make a paste. Place onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the paste.
- Rub chicken pieces with remaining paste and place in prepared pan, then cover with onions, peppers and lemon.
- Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving (Serves 6): 470 calories (290 from fat), 32g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 140mg cholesterol, 730mgsodium, 9g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 34g protein.