- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 2 teaspoons expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 fresh bratwursts or mild sausage (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, combine squash, apples, grapes and onion.
- Sprinkle with oil, caraway seeds, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange mild sausages over the top.
- Roast until sausages are browned and hot all the way through, and squash is very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Per Serving (Serves 8-10) : 230 calories (140 from fat), 16g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 8g sugar), 8g protein.