- 3 clementines or satsumas, peeled and chopped (remove any seeds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound (7 to 8 medium) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- In a medium saucepan, heat clementines and butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until clementines are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and salt; cover the pan, lower heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cumin seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving: 110 calories (30 from fat), 3g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 19g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 2g protein.