It gives me great pride to share with you examples of how each of you is positively impacting our customers’ lives. Below are portions of recent emails or letters complimenting the excellent TotalCareTM staff and providers at BMC. Keep up the great work!
- “Since our move to Bend, we have had a thorough introduction to the various medical facilities available here. My thanks to Dr. Boggess, for his warm and professional attention, and to all of the staff at BMC Westside who have cared for us. We are glad to have such an efficient organization close by and I am sure other local residents feel as we do. I must add that the facilities, professionalism and overall coordination of patient care here in Bend are far superior to what we have had in the past.”
- I wanted to take a moment and recognize one of our medical assistants for outstanding accomplishments in both clinical care and compassion. Ms. April Valenti was contacted by the pediatric nephrology department at OHSU about possibly providing steroid infusions for a 5-year old boy with severe renal disease. After thoroughly discussing it with me and the powers that be, she was given the green light to proceed. She tracked down the infusion protocol for OHSU. She then brought the family into the infusion unit to orient them prior to the day of the infusion to allay an anticipatory anxiety (for both the little boy and the parents). It turned out that the first infusion occurred on the little boy’s birthday. April took it upon herself to purchase a small gift, some celebratory balloons as wells a dozen decorated cupcakes. The result was an elated 5-year who focused on all of his “goodies” instead of the iv catheter and infusion that followed.
Several Aspects of the above warrant recognition.
- Outstanding compassion in how she interacted with the patient and family.
- Entrepreneurial spirit- this may well represent a novel revenue stream.
- Outstanding clinical skill- she deftly placed the IV catheter in the blink of an eye in a moving target (gently restrained forearm of a 5 year old) and expertly administered the steroid infusion.
- To all of you in the Allergy Department (you know who you are), who were there for me this morning, thank you. Your rapid response, caring and treatment made a not so good physical experience turn into a very good emotional one. I now not only like you as professionals and people………………………I TRUST you.
- “I came to Dr. Jacobs about a month ago and he and Kelley Morris took very good care of me. I just wanted to thank them both for that. So thanks very much – I’m healing up well.
- I want to thank Dr. Colella and Annie Ellison for the tremendous care that you have given me with my recent complications. My life was in your hands and you came through for m-I can’t thank you enough.